This is a creative fuelled weekend for your soul …
Indulge yourself in a fully immersed weekend in nature. A spring escape to a magical island, surrounded by native bush, flowing rivers, roaring ocean, wonderful humans, nourishing food and a chance to reignite your already talented soul. There is no doubt that every person grew up with a wonderful imagination. The question is when did you stop listening to it. Come share a weekend with me and other extraordinary humans, to open that wild heart and set it free! AOTEA is like no other, stepping back in time to the simple island life.
Three days of art-ing, chatting, yoga-ing, swimming and eating whilst sipping a glass of wine in the evening looking over the ocean and ending with your very own special artwork and skills to take home to create further. All you have to do is turn up, bring a sense of fun and 1 x Resene test pots of your favourite colour of choice!
We will provide the tools, prepped board, food, beautiful accommodation, plenty of refreshments and good company.
Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Please also email through any dietary requirements
- Each participant needs to bring 1 x Resene test pot of their favourite colour. (Please note the paint needs to specifically be Resene for using with this technique).
- You will be carving into a 200mm x 200mm square prepped board.
- No previous creative experience is needed – just an open mind to learn and free use of hands.
- Please bring ideas along, sketches or printouts. The theme will be based around flora, but this is your artwork and I am happy to support new concepts. There is limited wifi so we will be using a gorgeous collection of books and nature itself for further inspiration.
- Friday and Saturday, you will finish prepping your board, practice carving and finalise your design.
- Sunday you will draw and carve your wonderful paint carving, sign, spray, add a picture hanger and take home for your wall.
- Bring swimwear to swim in the ocean.
- Bring comfortable clothes to yoga, walk and meditate in.
- Comfy shoes you can adventure in, there are some gorgeous nature walks to explore.
- Remember everything is your choice, you do not have to do anything, so maybe slip in a book if you would like some downtime.
Weekend Pricing from June 1st onwards
- $ for single occupancy, sharing with 1 other.
- $ for double occupancy
- $ for solo occupancy
- Arrival lunch
- Friday afternoon, settle in, introduction to workshop, free time, evening meal
- Saturday morning yoga, workshop throughout the day with a lunch break.
- Saturday afternoon free time, with evening meal
- Sunday morning yoga and the final day of the workshop