This is a creative fuelled weekend for your soul …
Indulge yourself in a fully immersed weekend in nature. A spring escape into the mountains, surrounded by native bush, the flowing river, wonderful humans, nourishing food and a chance to reignite your already talented soul. There is no doubt that every person grew up with a wonderful imagination. The question is when did you stop listening to it. Come share a weekend with me and the extraordinary human, Jane Lowe from The Yoga Connection, to open that wild heart and set it free!
Maruia River Retreat has been created in one of the most stunning parts of New Zealand. The fire will be roaring, the snow-capped mountains glistening and melting in the warming light whilst new growth bursts through. There will also be a hot tub and sauna waiting for you to warm the cockles.
Two and a half full days of art-ing, chatting, yoga-ing, eating whilst sipping a glass of wine by the fire and ending with your very own special artwork and skills to take home to create further. All you have to do is turn up, bring a sense of fun and 1 x Resene test pots of your favourite colour of choice!
We will provide the tools, prepped board, food, luxury accommodation, plenty of refreshments and good company.
Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Please also email through any dietary requirements
Jane and Hannah xo
- Each participant needs to bring 1 x Resene test pot of their favourite colour. (Please note the paint needs to specifically be Resene for using with this technique).
- You will be carving into a 200mm x 200mm square prepped board.
- No previous creative experience is needed – just an open mind to learn and free use of hands.
- Please bring ideas along, sketches or printouts. The theme will be based around flora, but this is your artwork and I am happy to support new concepts. There is limited wifi so we will be using a gorgeous collection of books and nature itself for further inspiration.
- Friday and Saturday, you will finish prepping your board, practice carving and finalise your design.
- Sunday you will draw and carve your wonderful paint carving, sign, spray, add a picture hanger and take home for your wall.
- Bring swimwear if you’d like to soak.
- Bring comfortable clothes to yoga and meditate in.
- And if you would like to get out and about, bring warm clothes and comfy shoes you can adventure in, there are some gorgeous nature walks to explore.
- Remember everything is your choice, you do not have to do anything, so maybe slip in a book if you would like some downtime.
Weekend Pricing from April 1st onwards
- $1350 for single occupancy, sharing with 1 other.
- $2400 for double occupancy
- $1900 for solo occupancy
- Arrival to Nelson Airport Friday morning for 11.30am shuttle to Maruia River Retreat
- Arrival at Maruia River Retreat for later lunch – 2pm Friday 5th June
- Friday afternoon, settle in, introduction to workshop, free time, 3-course evening meal
- Saturday morning yoga, workshop throughout the day with a lunch break.
- Saturday afternoon free time, with 3-course dinner meal to follow.
- Sunday morning meditation and the final day of the workshop
- Return shuttle to Nelson airport Sunday afternoon, there is an AirNZ 6.05pm flight to Auckland if you are heading that way.